Multiple Sclerosis and Change - Turning Point (2/4)

A year after I received my MS Diagnosis, I attended an event organized by shift.ms and the European Multiple Sclerosis Platform: The MS Sessions 2017. I could never express my gratitude enough as it has been a huge turning point in my life – For the first time, I was given the tools I needed to initiate change. Moreover, the event showed me that I am not alone with my struggles – I am not alone; there are others like me, other young people with the same difficulties who understand and face similar challenges. Young people in the bloom of their life – others like me. It engrained hope – nobody knows how precious that commodity can be.

I very much love my able-bodied friends dearly but sometimes it is difficult for them to relate to my experiences – which I understand, it must be challenging for them too when we speak the same language yet attach entirely separate meanings to the same words. Here, at the MS Sessions it was different, it was more:  it was a life changing experience  which kindled my potential  - it showed me my strengths and let me seek out a community where I felt I belong. 

Welcome to the MS Tribe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multiple Sclerosis and Change : 2018 – Your life will never be the same again (3/4)

Multiple Sclerosis and Change - Introduction (1/4)